In 2015, the Helena National Forest and the Lewis and Clark National Forest were combined into one forest, and now we are the Helena-Lewis and Clark National Forest.
- Located in central Montana in the Rocky Mountains
- Includes approximately 2,846,606 acres of public National Forest System (NFS) land
- Spans across portions of 17 MT Counties
- Encompasses 8 ranger districts: Lincoln, Helena, Townsend, Belt Creek, Judith, Musselshell, Rocky Mountain, and White Sulphur Springs and 2 Forest Supervisor’s offices located in Helena and Great Falls, Montana
- Straddles the Continental Divide